1. Waking up late: I've had a string of early mornings, but this morning the sun seemed reluctant to rise and I slept late and warm.
2. Kids in blankets: We haven't turned the heat on yet, but the kids don't care. They've dragged out warm blankets and I woke to find them wrapped in afghans in the living room.
3. My favorite gray sweater: Still smelling faintly of cedar from its summer storage spot. The sweater and two cups of coffee: delicious warmth.
What beautiful things are in your life today?
Getting a few needed errands done early in the morning, leaving the rest of the day free so we can be home...ReplyDelete
a cold, windy, rainy day which means no soccer practice tonight, leaving the evening free so we can be home...
Ingredients for a lovely hot stew and fresh bread for dinner tonight... with everyone at home!
1. Autumn morning with clear skies and a bit of wind.ReplyDelete
2. Newspaper on my doorstep and coffee ready.
3. A new knitting project and a new book to enjoy after school work is done for the day.
Not having to drive Aidan to basketball today OR tommorow.ReplyDelete
A freshly painted front door (it's red now).
A husband who happily paints front doors when he'd rather be doing something else.
My bed is warm, my pillow deep... today's the day I'm going to sleep!ReplyDelete
A grande Pumpkin Spice Latte that left a $4.17 hole in my wallet but was worth every warm, delicious sip. Tastes just like fall, and was the perfect treat to enjoy during homeschool today.ReplyDelete
Also, the new candle that I lit in my kitchen that has filled my home with the scent of mulberry.
I want to sit under the trees in your header with my camera, a good book, and yet another pumpkin spice latte.
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
I loved reading this, my friend.:) We put flannel sheets on our bed last night and we have lots of cozy blankets on the beds (and couch), too. I love this time of year. I slept in late today, too.:)ReplyDelete
Oh, and I would be even happier with a Pumpkin Spice anything from Starbucks! Yum. I don't like coffee, but for this I will make an exception....:)
Oh, and good books are always beautiful to me. I know you feel the same way...:) Lori
I would love to go to the symphony, and the opera. We live in a small Kansas town right now, so we would have to travel to find one.ReplyDelete
The Lipizzaners travel all around the US and do shows.
They are great for all ages!!!