Monday, August 2, 2010

Reading in July

Are you looking for some summer reads? Head on over to my SmallWorld Reads blog to check out my reviews. Here's what happened in July in my reading world:

Read and Reviewed

(click for review)
Mountains Beyond Mountains

My Name Is Asher Lev
Picture Bride
Elizabeth and Her German Garden


Favorite Book of the Month
Chaim Potok's My Name Is Asher Lev, without a doubt. But it was a great reading month, and all the books are highly recommended.


Currently Reading
The Help. Love it.


Tribute Reposted
Happy 50th to To Kill a Mockingbird


To Be Read in August
Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya
Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat
Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman


Books Added to My Ever-Growing TBR List
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson (mentioned at Books and Cooks)
My Name Is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira (Reviewed by at Bookworm's Dinner)


Movies-From-Books Watched
Ramona and Beezus, based on the series of Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. I loved, loved, loved this movie! Highly recommended.

3 comments:

  1. We can't WAIT to see the Beverly Cleary movie- we have to wait for it to come to the $1 theater...*sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette and I took our girls to see this movie (one of our rare movie outings). It is definitely worth watching! We laughed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also LOVED Beezus & Ramona. I was so afraid they would ruin it, but as I told a few friends, it's like they took the best moments from many books and squished them into one excellent movie.

    I have so many pieces of paper laying around with booklists (I like to go to Barnes & Noble, get a mocha, and make lists for the library) that I have finally decided to get myself a journal that is ONLY for books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.